fbpx
2020-21 Annuals and Financials

OUR MISSION

Discovery House is registered charity dedicated to
ending the traumatic cycle of domestic violence for women and children.

Our History

Since opening our doors in 1980, we have served thousands of women and children fleeing domestic violence
LEARN MORE

Leadership

Learn more about our team: leadership, founders, and the board of directors
LEARN MORE

Community Partnerships

It is because of our family of partners and collaborators that we’re able to make a difference in our clients’ lives
LEARN MORE

Blog

Discovery House’s blog with special updates, advocacy, research, and more
LEARN MORE

“I feel honoured to speak about my experience with Discovery House. As a new immigrant to Canada, facing domestic violence issues with two little kids, I had zero knowledge of my rights, safety planning, or how to protect my kids, until I became a resident of Discovery House.“

- Discovery House client

Our Core Funders

Discovery House’s operating budget is approximately $5 million annually, of which 70% is government funded. The remaining 30% is raised from community funders, donors, and special events.

Thank you to all of our core funders and supporters who have invested in Discovery House. Because of your generosity, women and children in Calgary can find shelter, hope, and the tools they need to live free of family violence.

Discovery House Family Violence Prevention Society 2021 – All Rights Reserved
Charitable Registration #11882 3483 RR0001 | Alberta Societies Act Registration #50249381
Domestic Violence Ends Here
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram