Why Make it Monthly?
During these uncertain times, our mission of providing critical support to women and children who have left situations of domestic violence and ending the cycle of family violence continues. That’s why we’re asking you to consider becoming a monthly donor.
Joining our Hope Circle, our valued community of monthly donors, is the simplest, and most effective way to support Discovery House as we adapt to ever-changing circumstances due to COVID-19. You can easily sign up online here.
Benefits of month giving:
- Convenience – You already subscribe to services like Netflix. Monthly donations are easy to add to your budget, and your donation will be charged to your credit card automatically! You get ONE consolidated tax receipt at the end of the year.
- Spread it out – Why give once a year when you can spread it out over the year? While many donors give at the end of the year in the heavy-spending season, most monthly donors find it more convenient to make smaller donations throughout the year instead.
- Sustained impact – A regular gift made over a longer period really stacks up in terms of total impact. By providing Discovery House with regular, predictable support we can fund operations consistently and predict future cash flow, leading to improved organization efficiency and effectiveness.
- Accountability and transparency – You can be assured that your investment will be used effectively to ensure the biggest impact possible. In 2021, Discovery House was honoured to be recognized as the top women’s charity in the Canada with a five-star Donor Accountability grade of “A”, and among the top 100 charities in the country by Charity Intelligence Canada.
- You get special treatment – That’s right. As a new monthly donor, you will receive a pair of Discovery House branded socks, so that you can show your support for women and children leaving domestic violence. You’ll also get invited to our Annual General Meeting, and donor appreciation events.
Your act of generosity will help us to continue delivering programs and services to meet the needs of the women and children leaving situations of domestic violence. Together, we can break the traumatic cycle of domestic violence and bring hope and healing to vulnerable women and children.
P.S. Not ready to become a monthly donor right now? You can still support us by clicking here to find out other ways to give and sending this blog post to family and friends. We’d really appreciate it!